Saturday, January 1, 2011

15 Days after Surgery--New Year's Day

I awake feeling better than I have in 2 weeks but a walk up to 96th Street in the early afternoon reminds me that my recovery still has a long way to go.  I begin limping almost immediately and also experience knee pain that seems unrelated to the surgery.

Dr. Ranawat's nurse told me I will have to observe my THP for 6 weeks, which means that I'll have to continue using the abduction pillow, elevated commode and hip cushion until the end of January, when I see Dr. Ranawat for my first follow-up visit.  She also told me I'll be able to ride my bike at that time, which gives me something to look forward to: sleeping on my surgical side and restoration of my normal routine, which includes biking to Fairway every weekend to grocery shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment