Friday, December 10, 2010

Blacklisted!

Lenox Hill Hospital sends me a registered letter informing me exactly what I told the nurse during my autologous blood donation:  I tested positive for Hepatitis B core antibody, just as Dr. Goldstein had told me years ago.  I'll bet it doesn't take more than a keystroke or 2 to call up that information from a computer database somewhere.  It also makes me wonder if my organs are tainted, too, as I have expressed interest in being an organ donor.

In exactly one week, I will be under the knife.  By now I have stopped all exercising completely except my daily push ups and sit ups because of pain and general anxiety.  I wonder when and how easy it will be to resume the regular swimming, walking and biking that make an enormous contribution to my mental health and contribute to the conviction that I am living as healthy a life as possible, aside from indulging in peanut butter, chocolate, ice cream and roquefort cheese whenever I can rationalize consuming an extra 200-300 calories.  Which isn't as often as it used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment